[Popcon-developers] popcon page renders like the old style of the main debian website

Bill Allombert Bill.Allombert at math.u-bordeaux1.fr
Mon Nov 4 11:08:18 UTC 2013

On Sun, Nov 03, 2013 at 03:36:57PM +0100, Stéphane Blondon wrote:
> Hello Bill,
>
> I just discovered that the http://popcon.debian.org/ displays a page
> more like the old style of the debian website than the 'newer' one. I
> think it would be nice to modify it.
>
> If you wish, I can provide a patch on the html. However, I suppose
> there is a template somewhere and you will have to adapt the patch on
> it.

Hello Stéphane,

Ideally you would patch the script
/usr/share/doc/popularity-contest/examples/bin/popcon.pl
from sid popularity-contest.
also available at
<http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=popcon/popcon.git;a=blob;f=examples/bin/popcon.pl;hb=HEAD>

But you will have a hard time trying to run it.

You mainly have to change the functions htmlheader and htmlfooter.

But the difficulty is that you have to come up with a new design for the tabs
"All reports" / "Stable reports".

Cheers,
Bill.