[Popcon-developers] support for multiple submission to multiple popcon servers

Bill Allombert ballombe at debian.org
Sat Nov 23 13:51:54 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 08:24:01AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 6:25 AM, Bill Allombert wrote:
> > Well, debconf preseeding support could be used instead of
> > /etc/popularity-contest.d.
> > I am unsure about the advantage of the two systems.
> > Are you able to use debconf preseeding to set SUBMITURLS ?
>
> Another advantage of /etc/popularity-contest.d is that Debian
> derivatives can just drop a file in there from their base-files
> package instead of having to patch the popularity-contest package. I
> expect preseeding wouldn't be helpful to derivatives.

I think base-files postinst can preseed popularity-contest.

Petter, you are the author of the preseeding support.
What are the the advantage of preseeding over /etc/popularity-contest.d ?
For your own site, will you be able to use /etc/popularity-contest.d instead
of preseeding ?

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe at debian.org>