[Popcon-developers] support for multiple submission to multiple popcon servers

Paul Wise pabs at debian.org
Thu Nov 21 00:24:01 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 6:25 AM, Bill Allombert wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 04:56:16PM -0500, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
>> NB is lists.alioth.debian.org up so I could just reply to the list
>>    without CCing?
>
> Not sure. Probably not.

It is indeed back up now, I got this mail via the list.

> Well, debconf preseeding support could be used instead of
> /etc/popularity-contest.d.
> I am unsure about the advantage of the two systems.
> Are you able to use debconf preseeding to set SUBMITURLS ?

Another advantage of /etc/popularity-contest.d is that Debian
derivatives can just drop a file in there from their base-files
package instead of having to patch the popularity-contest package. I
expect preseeding wouldn't be helpful to derivatives.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise