[Python-apps-team] Packaging When I'm the "Upstream"

Bernd Zeimetz bernd at bzed.de
Thu Oct 25 18:15:14 UTC 2007

Hi,

> I wasn't suggesting I put the debian directory in my tarball; I was only
> considering keeping the directory in my main Subversion repository,
> along-side my other, "upstream source".  Are you saying, I should place
> my Debian-specific stuff in the repository for the
> python-apps-team?  ...So others can, e.g., apply security patches in my
> absence?

Although one can always create a NMU for a package with security and
other RC bugs, it is much more easy if the sources are available in a
public svn/git/... It also makes life more easy for you if you go on
vacation - other people can take care fo your package easily. There're
several other things I coudl list about 'why DPMT/PAPT rocks', but I
don't want to advertise tooo much ;)

>> If you work on a python related application, you could join the PAPT[1],
>> also visiting us in #debian-python on the OFTC network is a good way to
>> get questions answered fast or to find a sponsor for your package.
>
> Do I not need to be a Debian maintainer to join?

Everybody is free to join, on irc anyway and on alioth you just register
yourself and ask here or in the channel for being added to the team.
Don't wonder about the yournick-guest username you'll get on alioth,
that was made to distinguish DDs from non-DDs.

Cheers,

Bernd

--
Bernd Zeimetz