[Python-apps-team] work on gmail-notify package

Alan Woodland awoodland at debian.org
Tue Mar 6 13:26:49 UTC 2012

On 4 March 2012 15:06, Arthur de Jong <adejong at debian.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 2012-03-04 at 15:19 +0100, Sandro Tosi wrote:
>> On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 14:45, Arthur de Jong <adejong at debian.org> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I've upgraded that gmail-notify package to use dh_python2 instead of
>> > dh_pycentral and I'm planning to do an upload. I would also like to do:
>> > - switch to dh sequencer (from cdbs)
>> > - switch to 3.0 (quilt) source format (and refresh all patches)
>> > - perhaps integrate the patch from #560983 (should probably ask someone
>> >  to review)
>> > - integrate any remaining changes from Ubuntu
>> > - update standards version
>> > - fix all lintian warnings
>> >
>> > Any objections?
>>
>> massive changes to packages (such as: change of helper, dh stuff and
>> so on) should always be ack'ed by the real person(s) behind the
>> package, even if DPMT/PAPT is in Maintainer. Please get in touch with
>> who did the uploads before and get his opinion first.
>
> Explicitly added Cc now (I though uploaders get a Cc when sending to
> PACKAGE at packages.debian.org). Anyway, that was what this mail was for.

Sorry, the first mails slipped under my radar. I'm fine with all those
changes in principle. Feel free to make these changes. I'll
review+test patches if you like (although it's been a while since I've
used gmail-notify), but feel free to upload directly without an ACK
from me if you're confident.

Alan