[Python-apps-team] Maintain package with Git?

W. Martin Borgert debacle at debian.org
Thu Nov 15 16:43:49 UTC 2012

Quoting "Jakub Wilk" <jwilk at debian.org>:
> * Thomas Koch <thomas at koch.ro>, 2012-11-12, 18:14:
>> I'm about to package my first python app[1] and thought about doing
>> so under the python-apps umbrella. But do you accept packages
>> maintained with Git?
>
> [Disclaimer: I'm not PAPT admin, just an regular unimportant team member.]
>
> No. We use Subversion.

Opion from another unimportant team member:

We currently use SVN and I really appreciate that we use only
one version control system for all packages of the team. I
would, however, accept a general change from Subversion to
git, maybe in the timeframe from wheezy release to jessie
freeze, if there is a rough consensus about it.