[Python-apps-team] Opinions: Which Trac for Wheezy?

Arthur de Jong adejong at debian.org
Wed Sep 26 20:27:24 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-09-24 at 17:54 +0200, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> How can we deal with this situation?
>   - have 0.12.3 in wheezy, have 1.0 in testing + bpo (high effort;
>     both versions get less users, therefore less testing)

I would personally prefer a recent 0.12 version in wheezy. For most of
my installations 0.12 would be fine (still using 0.11 in some places).

>   - drop 0.12.3 and its plugins etc. from wheezy, have 1.0 in testing
>     + bpo (not really a stable version in bpo, because it might be
>     replaced with 1.x at some point)

We can always have a 1.0 backport for users that need it.

Do you think it's reasonable to try to push 0.12.4 into wheezy since it
is a LTS release? These should be the changes that went into 0.12.4:
  http://trac.edgewall.org/query?group=status&milestone=0.12.4
(at least #10810 sounds like it could be a potential security problem)

--
-- arthur - adejong at debian.org - http://people.debian.org/~adejong --