[Python-apps-team] Opinions: Which Trac for Wheezy?

W. Martin Borgert debacle at debian.org
Thu Sep 27 08:03:33 UTC 2012

Quoting "Arthur de Jong" <adejong at debian.org>:
> Do you think it's reasonable to try to push 0.12.4 into wheezy since it
> is a LTS release? These should be the changes that went into 0.12.4:
>   http://trac.edgewall.org/query?group=status&milestone=0.12.4
> (at least #10810 sounds like it could be a potential security problem)

Yes, we should try it. For my feeling, upgrading to 0.12.4
is more or less consistent with

http://release.debian.org/wheezy/freeze_policy.html

# Rule #2. If in doubt, first contact the release team.

# Rule #3. When contacting the release team, please explain
   why you are requesting an update. Bug numbers are a must.

We have bug numbers, but upstream not Debian BTS. It might be
useful to reproduce most bugs with 0.12.3 on Debian and
enter them in our BTS. This would make it sure for us, our
users, and the release team, whether/how Debian is affected
by the bugs mentioned on edgewall.org.

Would you please ask the release managers? I am willing to
help, of course, with entering bugs, testing, or preparing
the package.