[Python-apps-team] moving trac packaging to git, and preparing trac 1.0.1 for experimental

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Thu Mar 28 16:46:00 UTC 2013

On 03/28/2013 12:20 PM, W. Martin Borgert wrote:

> First of all: Thanks for working on Trac!

you're welcome!

> The only objection I have is, that I strongly prefer to have
> Trac and the Trac plugins with the same team/repository/tools/
> workflows.

I agree, i think that it makes sense to try to use the same workflow for
all of trac and trac-* in the long term.  My own trac-* contributions
aren't in the right place right now either, but i'm happy to try to
consolidate.

> Do you plan to move the Trac plugins to collab-maint as well?
> If yes, I have no objections, if no, I would prefer that Trac
> stays with PAPT.

My main goal is to maintain them with git.

I plan to migrate every trac module that i help out on from SVN to git,
and to make them share the same team-based workflow as each other (and
as trac itself).  I would be happy to help other people move other trac
modules (and other python-apps) to git if they like.

However, there is currently no collection of PAPT git repositories, so i
opted for collab-maint:

0 dkg at alice:~$ ssh git.debian.org ls -ld '/git/python-*'
drwxrws---  3 root scm_python-lockfile 4096 Apr  2  2012
/git/python-lockfile
drwxrws---+ 5 root scm_python-modules  4096 Dec 30  2011 /git/python-modules
0 dkg at alice:~$

I would have no objections moving this to a git repositories under the
control of python-apps-team instead of collab-maint, but i'm not even
sure how to request getting such a repository collection set up.

If you think that would be useful, i can try to figure that out, though.

Regards,

	--dkg