[Python-apps-team] PAPT and git

Barry Warsaw barry at debian.org
Thu Feb 23 20:08:59 UTC 2017

On Feb 23, 2017, at 10:00 AM, Jordan Justen wrote:

>Looking at http://python-apps.alioth.debian.org/policy.html, it
>appears that PAPT still uses svn.

True.

>I wanted to start working on the 'alot' PAPT package using git. On
>irc, olasd let me know that the current stance is that no PAPT
>packages should be in git until all PAPT packages are transitioned.
>
>So ... can I help to transition the PAPT packages to git?

Yes!  Stefano has a bunch of scripts that he used to convert DPMT svn to git,
so there's a great starting place.  Probably the main thing to change there
would be to forego conversion to git-dpm and work on conversion to gbp-pq.

Or, let's be expedient and use the existing scripts to go to git-dpm for now,
taking up gbp-pq transition along with DPMT after Stretch.

(While you're at it, gosh I'd love the zope packages to be moved to git + DPMT
:).

If it doesn't happen by then, Debconf 2017 would be a good time to work on
this stuff.

Cheers,
-Barry