[Python-apps-team] PAPT and git

Brian May bam at debian.org
Thu Feb 23 21:16:25 UTC 2017

Barry Warsaw <barry at debian.org> writes:

> Yes!  Stefano has a bunch of scripts that he used to convert DPMT svn to git,
> so there's a great starting place.  Probably the main thing to change there
> would be to forego conversion to git-dpm and work on conversion to
> gbp-pq.

I would suggest waiting until after the freeze. This is a bigger and
much more invasive change then simply converting git-dpm to gbp-pq.

> Or, let's be expedient and use the existing scripts to go to git-dpm for now,
> taking up gbp-pq transition along with DPMT after Stretch.

I haven't looked at the scripts so I don't know what state they are in,
however I think it would be far simpler to go straight to
gbp-pq. Converting to git-dpm is, I think, a complicated task compared
with going straight to gbp-pq.
--
Brian May <bam at debian.org>