python-daemon support for python 3

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Mon Jan 28 05:56:46 UTC 2013

Howdy Pavel, thank you for your interest in ‘python-daemon’.

On 25-Jan-2013, Pavel Perestoronin wrote:
> Do you plan to add the Python 3 support? Do you accept patches for it? Or
> is there a repository that I can fork and add the Python 3 support
> myself?

Yes to all of these :-)

The development of ‘python-daemon’ is discussed on the forum at
<URL:http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/python-daemon-devel>
and we have had some activity in 2012 around getting the library in shape
for Python 3.

A Lot of the work has been done by Aaron Maxwell, for example see
<URL:http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/python-daemon-devel/2012-March/000003.html>
<URL:http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/python-daemon-devel/2012-June/000016.html>.
I would be very pleased to help you both collaborate if you could discuss
it on the forum.

--
 \           “He who wonders discovers that this in itself is wonder.” |
  `\                                          —Maurits Cornelis Escher |