Python3 implementation

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Jul 31 05:23:29 UTC 2014

On 22-Jul-2014, stephan schultchen wrote:

> i have written a implementation of pep 3143, that will work with python 2
> and 3

Thanks again for working on this.

Your work is clearly based on the ‘python-daemon’ code, and that's
good. But I am finding it difficult to follow:

* Can you please make a VCS history that *starts* with a known
  revision from the official ‘python-daemon’ code, and makes
  incremental changes from there. As it is, your code is quite
  difficult to correlate with the current code base.

* You have removed copyright notices, which by the license terms you
  are not permitted to do. This denies attribution to those whose work
  you based yours on. Please restore the copyright notices as you
  found them in the original code.

* You have re-structured the code into completely different locations
  and filenames. These diverge from the upstream, and are also not
  compliant with PEP 8. What is the reason for doing this? It makes
  the code base difficult to compare, again.

If I could see the succession of changes starting from the official
code base as a first revision in your repository, with explanations
given in commit messages for each incremental change, that would make
your work easier to examine. Thanks in advance!

--
 \      “My interest is in the future, as I am going to spend the rest |
  `\                          of my life there.” —Charles F. Kettering |