Dependency on ‘unittest2’ (was: [RELEASE] ‘python-daemon’ version 2.0.1 released)

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sat Jan 10 20:05:39 UTC 2015

On 10-Jan-2015, Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:

> One more remark: it would be useful (at least, it would have been
> useful to me as a packager) if the setup.py noted that
> unittest2-0.8.0 or newer should be used -- presumably to get the 3.x
> support.

Looking at <URL:https://pypi.python.org/pypi/unittest2> it's not clear
to me what version of ‘unittest2’ is needed. (There doesn't seem to be
a changelog in the ‘unittest2’ source distribution, sadly.)

What is special about version 0.8.0, and can some earlier version
suffice? What is missing in earlier versions that affects
‘python-daemon’'s unit tests?

> In other news, 2.0.1 is being submitted to the Gentoo package
> repository right now -- all the tests passed for me on 2.7 and 3.3.

Great, thank you for packaging this for wider use!

--
 \      “It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.” |
  `\                                                    —Steven Wright |