Dependency on ‘unittest2’

Ben Finney ben at benfinney.id.au
Mon Jan 12 00:26:42 UTC 2015

On 11/01/15 09:15, Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:

> While running the tests through our packaging framework, the 2.7 tests
> worked fine with unittest2-0.5.1 (or perhaps even without unittest2),
> but on 3.3 there were all kinds of failures (partly, or perhaps fully,
> due to the way that unittest2 pulls in argparse).

Okay. Is “unittest2 >=0.6” sufficient for that?

> I was also sort of surprised that it needed unittest2 anyway, since I
> thought most unittest2 features had been pulled into the python
> stdlib.

The features do seem to be there, but when I switch to the standard
library's ‘unittest.TestCase’ directly, there is a strange interaction
with ‘testtools.testcase.TestCase’ that causes the run to fail.

I would appreciate assistance on this, to get the test suite working
without the third-party ‘unittest2’ library.

--
 \
  `\