python-daemon 2.0.3: errors in Setuptools actions after installing python-daemon

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Fri Jan 23 01:47:23 UTC 2015

Howdy all,

Thanks for reporting installation issues with the ‘python-daemon’
distribution version 2.0.3.

The Alioth bug tracker for the ‘python-daemon’ code base
<URL:https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?group_id=100328&atid=413098>
has this issue as bug#314948
<URL:https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=314948&group_id=100328&atid=413098>.

Please see that entry for details, or join us at the discussion forum
<URL:https://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/python-daemon-devel/>.

In brief: the Setuptools “entry points” feature does not work as I
expected and instead caused further problems. A future version of
‘python-daemon’ will need to avoid entry points entirely, and instead
use a different means of parsing the Changelog.

Thanks for using ‘python-daemon’ and giving useful feedback.

--
 \       “Don't you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you |
  `\          free with my breakfast cereal.” —Zaphod Beeblebrox, _The |