[Python-modules-team] ITP: PySoy

Sandro Tosi matrixhasu at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 14:47:43 UTC 2008

Hello Jordi,

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 20:03, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
<jordigh at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am going to attempt to package PySoy for Debian. Miriam Ruiz had a
> partial packaging which I will attempt to complete, and I'm taking
> over from where she left off.

It would be interesting to know why she left: some problems in
packaging (like license issue) or simply a lack of interest? Miriam,
feel free to fill my lack of knowledge here ;)

> The maintainer field for her packaging
> had you guys listed as maintainers. I am not part of your team, so I'm
> asking, what is the best way to proceed here? Should I leave you guys
> as the maintainers or should I put myself instead in there?

About where to put the team email, read this chapter[1] of our
policy[2]. In order to request for access to our team SVN repository,
please click ln "Request to join" on alioth page[3].

> Note that I have relatively little experience packaging for Debian,
> only done it once before, but I'm really eager to see PySoy in Debian.

Just read the canonical documents: Debian Policy, Developers
Reference, New Maintainers Guide, and do be afraid to ask for
questions, both on this list or on debian-mentors at l.d.o.

If it's easier for you, you can come and join us on #debian-python IRC
channel on OFTC network.

In case of questions, ask.

Sandro

[1] http://python-modules.alioth.debian.org/python-modules-policy.html#maintainership