[Python-modules-team] [Python-modules-commits] r14515 - in packages/logilab-common/trunk/debian (3 files)

Julien Jehannet julien.jehannet at logilab.fr
Mon Oct 4 11:31:59 UTC 2010

> * Sandro Tosi <morph at debian.org> [04-oct-2010 11:30]:
> Hello,
> it's usually nice write and introduce yourself to other comaints (in
> particular to active ones) when you're planning to be a new comaint,
> but sure, thanks for your work :)

Hello Sandro,

Really sorry about this intrusive push and It took me too long to
communicate to the list my recent changes before I received your mail.

So, I've just commited by 'svn co' a new revision in logilab-common sub-repo:
http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/python-modules?view=rev&revision=14515
since 0.52 is out now (from pypi).

> Who's gonna upload this new release?
It's clear that my first commit is a little bit premature.. :-(
At the moment, I'm in doubt since I read step 6.2¹ about the tagging
procedure. Is it necessary to "tag" the repository ? When should the
package be tagged exactly ? by "svn copy"² command ?

> why you added unittest2 to Depends? isn't it better as a Suggests?
testlib.py is now requiring unittest2 to keep a level of upward
compatibility with the next unittest stdlib features.
Builds-Depends was changed as well to be able to run the tests.

«For those who are questioning about this unpolite guy..»:
My name's Julien Jehannet and works for Logilab company. I registrered some
months ago but was not an active member since. I'm in charged of some
debian packaging tasks at my work but I would contribute to Debian in a more
regular way.

Thanks for your understanding,

¹ http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/subversion.html#6_2_easier_version
² svn copy \
    svn+ssh://juj-guest@svn.debian.org/svn/python-modules/packages/logilab-common/trunk \
    svn+ssh://juj-guest@svn.debian.org/svn/python-modules/packages/logilab-common/tags/0.52.0-1
--
Julien JEHANNET                                          LOGILAB, Paris (France)
http://www.cubicweb.org                 CubicWeb, le cadriciel du web sémantique