[Python-modules-team] [Python-modules-commits] r14515 - in packages/logilab-common/trunk/debian (3 files)

Julien Jehannet julien.jehannet at logilab.fr
Thu Oct 7 10:30:00 UTC 2010

> * Sandro Tosi <morph at debian.org> [06-oct-2010 23:32]:
>
> On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 13:31, Julien Jehannet
> >> * Sandro Tosi <morph at debian.org> [04-oct-2010 11:30]:
> >> why you added unittest2 to Depends? isn't it better as a Suggests?
> > testlib.py is now requiring unittest2 to keep a level of upward
> > compatibility with the next unittest stdlib features.
>
> Ok, let's refresh what's the dependencies fields mean:
>
> Depends - list the packages that are absolutely required to make the
> package works
> Recommends - list the packages that are quite nice to have since
> activate some interesting feature (but the package can work without
> them)
> Suggests - list the package that activate some really minor package features.
>
> given a test suite is quite unlikely that it's something users are
> going to run quite a lot, I'd go with a Suggests.

Thanks for the useful precision.

And effectively, that's clearly a better solution for a base framework
that tends to keep a large distribution support (but yeah, that's not
the major reason here ;-)

Just pushed the correction.

> Thanks for your self introduction :) Just a question: are you going to
> actually keep contributing to logilab-common in the next future? are
> you also willing to help with other logilab packages (like astng,
> constraints, pylint, etc?)?

Of course, I will. I'm going to start fixing #585300 forwarded upstream.
--
Julien JEHANNET                                          LOGILAB, Paris (France)
http://www.cubicweb.org                 CubicWeb, le cadriciel du web sémantique