[Python-modules-team] TG2 and Pylons version in Ubuntu 10.10

Piotr Ożarowski piotr at debian.org
Mon Jan 3 09:29:54 UTC 2011

[Jd, 2011-01-03]
>    We have been trying to get out open source version of the product in
> to Ubuntu 10.10. The TG2 package seems to depend on Pylon 0.10, Which
> seems to be some intermediate release.

Debian Squeeze will have python-pylons 0.10 mainly because TurboGears2
doesn't work with Pylons 1.0 (the other reason is to make it easier to
migrate other Pylons applications to 1.0, Pylons 1.0 is the same as 0.10
with one exception: all deprecated code is removed).

Pylons 1.0 is in experimental right now, Debian Wheezy will have Pylons
1.0 and most probably Pyramid. I'll decide later if Pylons will be in
Wheezy+1 (python-pyramid will be maintained by TANIGUCHI Takaki)

> This is breaking our application and is preventing us from creating the
> application package (.deb )
>
> More context :
> http://groups.google.com/group/turbogears/browse_thread/thread/6f209bd6a22d66c5/791918d036f1e1b4?lnk=gst&q=Ubuntu+10.10#791918d036f1e1b4

can you reproduce it in Debian? If yes, please report a serious bug
against turbogears2 package