[Python-modules-team] TG2 and Pylons version in Ubuntu 10.10

jd_jedi jd_jedi at convirture.com
Mon Jan 3 15:03:05 UTC 2011

Thanks for prompt reply.

Please see inline.

On 01/03/2011 01:29 AM, Piotr Ożarowski wrote:
> [Jd, 2011-01-03]
>>     We have been trying to get out open source version of the product in
>> to Ubuntu 10.10. The TG2 package seems to depend on Pylon 0.10, Which
>> seems to be some intermediate release.
> Debian Squeeze will have python-pylons 0.10 mainly because TurboGears2
> doesn't work with Pylons 1.0 (the other reason is to make it easier to
> migrate other Pylons applications to 1.0, Pylons 1.0 is the same as 0.10
> with one exception: all deprecated code is removed).

 From the link I sent earlier

"it seems to be a problem with the new version of pylons :- pylons 0.10
if i install pylons 0.9.7 , it works fine. "

Note it says TG2.0.3 does not work with pylons 0.10.  Does this means
TG2 will not work on Squeeze as well ?
> 1.0 and most probably Pyramid. I'll decide later if Pylons will be in
> Wheezy+1 (python-pyramid will be maintained by TANIGUCHI Takaki)

humm.. interesting, will have to see how quickly we can move project to
Pyramid based stack.
>> This is breaking our application and is preventing us from creating the
>> application package (.deb )
>>
>> More context :
>> http://groups.google.com/group/turbogears/browse_thread/thread/6f209bd6a22d66c5/791918d036f1e1b4?lnk=gst&q=Ubuntu+10.10#791918d036f1e1b4
> can you reproduce it in Debian? If yes, please report a serious bug
> against turbogears2 package
Which version of Debian is Ubuntu 10.10 based on ?  Lenny ? Could you
please confirm so we test against the right version.

Thanks
/Jd