[Python-modules-team] [ftpmaster at ftp-master.debian.org: mathjax_1.1-1_amd64.changes ACCEPTED into unstable]

Julian Taylor jtaylor.debian at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 21 21:31:10 UTC 2011

On 11/21/2011 09:59 PM, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> Hi Fernando,
>
> Just FYI:
>
> Thanks to Julien we now have that optional piece for ipython notebooks
> available in Debian.
>
> NB mathjax is used for rendering latex symbols in upcoming release of
>    ipython with notebooks.  Without installed locally mathjax, which is
>    somewhat heavy (125MB extracted) ipython redirects to using
>    http://cdn.mathjax.org
>
> Cheers,

great thanks.
I have been busy packaging ipython 0.12 in the last few weeks and its
now in a reasonably usable state.
The package will provide the notebook and the base ipython3 shell (the
other stuff is blocked by pyzmq, pyqt and pytornado lacking python3
versions)

I have pushed my private working git repo to alioth so you can have a
look at it:
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=users/jtaylor-guest/ipython.git
but beware, this is my convience repo it will very likely be rebased or
deleted at some point! The final product will end up in the team svn
when ready.

Cheers,
Julian