[Python-modules-team] musicbrainzngs package in debian (re: bug #698202)

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Tue Mar 12 15:36:39 UTC 2013

Hi Alistair,

Quoting Alastair Porter (2013-03-12 15:46:30)
> I'm the developer of the python-musicbrainzngs library. I see you
> recently closed a bug on the package
> (]http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=698202). I'm not
> sure if you did this as the package maintainer or just to close the
> issue.
> I've just released a new version, which includes this fix, so the new
> version could be packaged. Are you the right person to ask to make
> this happen? If I should email another list, then please let me know.

How cool that you take the time to chase down and inform up distributors
about your new release!

I am not the maintainer of python-musicbrainzngs, but here are some
pointers:

The simplest way to get in touch with python-musicbrainzngs maintainers
is by emailing python-musicbrainzngs at packages.debian.org .

The ideal way to request newer "upstream" (that's what we call you)
release to be packaged is to file a bugreport about it of severity
"wishlist": http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting

The lazy way is to just sit back and wait for the package maintainers to
get around to doing it - after perhaps verifying that our automated
tracking indeed have noticed your newer release:
http://packages.qa.debian.org/m/musicbrainzngs.html

That QA web page above might be of interest to you in other ways too: At
the bottom left corner you can subscribe to changes to the package.
That way you receive notice on bugreports, package releases etc.

Hope that helps, and thanks a lot for your fine piece of code,

 - Jonas

P.S.

I now cc'ed the maintainers this mail, so if opting for the lazy
approach you can be even more so ;-)