[Python-modules-team] New upstream release for pyparsing

Julian Taylor jtaylor.debian at googlemail.com
Mon May 13 17:54:49 UTC 2013

On 13.05.2013 19:34, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Hi Torsten and Kevin,
>
> I would like to upload a new version of python-quantumclient, though it
> needs a new version of python-cliff (eg: >= 1.3), and the latest version
> of python-cliff (eg: 1.3.3) needs a newer version of python-pyparsing
> (eg: it needs at least 1.5.7, and current version in the archive is 1.5.6).
>
> Could you please consider uploading version 1.5.7, or version 2.0.0 of
> pyparsing, so that I can to the changes in python-cliff and
> python-quantumclient?
>
> If you can't do that, can I do the work of uploading a new upstream
> release of pyparsing, inside the Python Module team (eg: using git-svn
> in my case, since I don't know svn enough...)? If so, could you tell me
> which part of the upstream package needs to be remove to produce a dfsg
> orig file? According to your changelog, it's just the docs/*.pdf, right?

just so you know, an update of pyparsing will probably need a new source
package as upstream decided to release two versions one for python2.7
only and one for python 3 with different version numbers.
You can't really repackage them into one again as you need to keep the
two different version numbers for packages like matplotlib that check
the version number.
One could update the version of the python 2.7 package to the same
version as py3, but I don't think that is a good idea.