[Python-modules-team] [django-announce] [ANNOUNCE] Django 1.7 released

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Wed Sep 3 09:01:56 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Tue, 02 Sep 2014, Luke Faraone wrote:
> > Django 1.7 is now available:
> >
> > https://www.djangoproject.com/weblog/2014/sep/02/release-17-final/
>
> I'll prepare the upload for unstable tonight.

Given the discussions we had on debian-python, are we sure that we want
to force it through even though we still have many known problems on
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?users=python-django@packages.debian.org;tag=django17
?

I certainly want to make it into jessie and getting it uploaded
soon is probably best... but somehow I believe that we should first
upload to experimental and then give a one week delay to all the
maintainers to get their act through before we upload and raise the
severity of confirmed bugs to serious.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Discover the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/