[Python-modules-team] pygame and python 3

Lenard Lindstrom len-l at telus.net
Fri Apr 17 04:26:48 UTC 2015

Hi,

Pygame supported python3 since before version 1.9.0 in 2009. All Pygame
code is written to work with either Python 2.x or 3.x. So building
Pygame for python3 is the same as for python2. Just use "python3
setup.py build" instead of "python setup.py build". Installation is also
the same. For Pygame 1.9.2, which I
test against Python 2.7 and 3.4 on i386 Linux Mint, python3 support is
complete.

So if a stable Pygame package already exists for python2, adapting it
for python3 should be straight forward. Let me know if some Pygame bug
causes problems and I will deal with it promptly.

Thanks for the effort in keeping Pygame in Linux.

Lenard Lindstrom
Pygame developer