[Python-modules-team] [Python-modules-commits] [mpmath] 01/01: d/copyright: Changed licence shortname BSD -> BSD-3-clause

Sandro Tosi morph at debian.org
Sat Apr 30 15:57:47 UTC 2016

On Sat, Apr 30, 2016 at 4:43 PM, Barry Warsaw <barry at debian.org> wrote:
> On Apr 30, 2016, at 04:10 PM, Sandro Tosi wrote:
>
>>> I'm just going thru Lintian report and fixing few warnings.
>>
>>but for this yes.
>
> But why get pre-approval for *this* particular commit?

the point is not for this specific commit (and I jbrought this up to
him once i got this email as it was the second package I am maintainer
for receiving this change)

>  Which change do you have a problem with?

debian/copyright is a rather delicate (and sometimes annoying, let's
face it) file, a change to it requires the one doing the upload to
actually check that what's been updated actually matches reality,
which is just extra/unplanned work

>  I genuinely want to know because I do think we need to
> have clear guidelines about what our teammates are allowed to work on.
>
> A while ago, we did hash out the semantics of team in Maintainers vs
> Uploaders.  Because commits are always reversible, I don't have any problem
> with our current rules for team-in-Uploaders.  It's the compact we make by
> having team maintained packages, and I for one think it's a good trade-off.  I
> appreciate the help in cleaning up our collective packages.

yeah but changing copyright is a little bit more intrusive than fixing
a typo or s/http/https/

>>well, collaborative work kinda requires agreement on what that work
>>would be, and also is not that collaborative to commit whatever you
>>see fit and then let somebody else deal with it in a next upload. but
>>hey "it's me"...
>
> I think we should generally assume that our teammates know what they're doing
> and have the skills and courtesy to follow the rules.

like we assume with sponsorees, but still we double check everything they do

>  I recently noticed that
> Ondrej committed some changes to fix our Vcs- urls to https, and I think that
> was a nice thing to do!

and in fact i havent said anything (even if it could have been
announced to the list and the commit message could have been a *lot*
better, but that might be categorized as nitpicking)

--
Sandro "morph" Tosi
My website: http://sandrotosi.me/