[Python-modules-team] [Python-modules-commits] [mpmath] 01/01: d/copyright: Changed licence shortname BSD -> BSD-3-clause

Ondrej Novy novy at ondrej.org
Sat Apr 30 17:21:40 UTC 2016

> debian/copyright is a rather delicate (and sometimes annoying, let's
> face it) file, a change to it requires the one doing the upload to
> actually check that what's been updated actually matches reality,
> which is just extra/unplanned work

so you don't want to check my change before upload, because it's extra
work. You are saying d/copyright change should be checked harder than
d/rules change for example?

I think uploader/sponsor should hard check ALL changes. There isn't any
more delicate part of package. If you don't want check d/copyright, just
revert my commit(s) before upload. That's git for. You are uploader, so you
make decision what you upload. If you don't want do this, just change
Uploader field to team and someone will do it for you :)

yeah but changing copyright is a little bit more intrusive than fixing
> a typo or s/http/https/

it's just point of view. More intrusive is "completly rewrite d/rules" for
me. I renamed shortname to match
https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0/ which
removed Lintian warning, that's all.

and in fact i havent said anything (even if it could have been
> announced to the list and the commit message could have been a *lot*
> better, but that might be categorized as nitpicking)

announced before:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/python-modules-team/2016-March/030256.html

Be constructive now please: Do you found any really problem/bug in my
commit(s)? If yes, send it to me and i will fix it.

Thanks.

--
Best regards
 Bc. Ondrej Novy