[Python-modules-team] pygame 1.9.3 upload (was: Re: pygame_1.9.3+dfsg-1_source.changes REJECTED)

Vincent Cheng vcheng at debian.org
Fri Jan 27 09:09:13 UTC 2017

Hi Dominik,

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 4:33 PM, Debian FTP Masters
<ftpmaster at ftp-master.debian.org> wrote:

> Source-only uploads to NEW are not allowed.
>
> binary:python-pygame-doc is NEW.

Thanks for preparing an update for pygame!

I haven't yet had a chance to take a close look at your changes, but
just from skimming your changelog, I have a few comments. Have you had
a chance to send your newly added patches upstream? I'm mostly
concerned about the patch you added to fix various spelling issues;
it's bound to eventually become a maintenance burden if not
upstreamed. Also, would you consider targeting experimental? I don't
think now is an appropriate time to attempt to push packages into
unstable/testing, especially since pygame is a reverse-dep for many
other packages.

Unless you already have a sponsor, I can take a closer look and
sponsor your package if you'd like?

Regards,
Vincent