[Python-modules-team] pygame 1.9.3 upload (was: Re: pygame_1.9.3+dfsg-1_source.changes REJECTED)

Dominik George nik at naturalnet.de
Fri Jan 27 09:20:58 UTC 2017

Hi,

>Thanks for preparing an update for pygame!
>
>I haven't yet had a chance to take a close look at your changes, but
>just from skimming your changelog, I have a few comments. Have you had
>a chance to send your newly added patches upstream?

Not yet, but I will.

> Also, would you consider targeting experimental?

No, for various reasons...

> I don't
>think now is an appropriate time to attempt to push packages into
>unstable/testing, especially since pygame is a reverse-dep for many
>other packages.

Hmm... So, I see no issues with that. Dependencies haven't changed (apart from sphinx and the font package), the python3 package has the same dependencies as the python2 package, and I don't see how it would impact other packages badly.

I was reminded of pygame being old and not having a python3 package yesterday, and as I said on IRC, rumour has it the release team might with a very small chance let it through.

Pygame is a very important package in education, for example at Teckids, so I wanted to at least try.

Again, I do not see negative influence, whether it migrates or not.

>Unless you already have a sponsor, I can take a closer look and
>sponsor your package if you'd like?

Well, I do have a sponsor, but apparently, he failed to correctly re-sign my prepared files yesterday ;). Will get him to re-upload today.

I do think the changes really make the package fit for sid or even stable.

Cheers,
Nik