[Python-modules-team] pygame 1.9.3 upload (was: Re: pygame_1.9.3+dfsg-1_source.changes REJECTED)

Vincent Cheng vcheng at debian.org
Fri Jan 27 09:32:59 UTC 2017

(please keep the team's mailing list cc-ed)

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 1:20 AM, Dominik George <nik at naturalnet.de> wrote:

>> Also, would you consider targeting experimental?
>
> No, for various reasons...
>
>> I don't
>>think now is an appropriate time to attempt to push packages into
>>unstable/testing, especially since pygame is a reverse-dep for many
>>other packages.
>
> Hmm... So, I see no issues with that. Dependencies haven't changed (apart from sphinx and the font package), the python3 package has the same dependencies as the python2 package, and I don't see how it would impact other packages badly.

Do you know whether pygame 1.9.3 introduces any backwards-incompatible
API changes? If yes, we would want to treat this like any other
library transition, i.e. defer it until the next stable release. What
I want to avoid at this point is to be uploading library packages that
break its reverse dependencies/build-dependencies and causes a bunch
of new RC bugs. Have you had a chance to verify at least some of the
packages listed below to see if they would be negatively affected by
this upload?

$ ssh mirror.ftp-master.debian.org dak rm -s testing -Rn pygame
Authenticated to mirror.ftp-master.debian.org ([5.153.231.11]:22).
Will remove the following packages from testing:

    pygame | 1.9.1release+dfsg-10 | source
python-pygame | 1.9.1release+dfsg-10+b1 | mips64el
python-pygame | 1.9.1release+dfsg-10+b2 | amd64, arm64, armel, armhf,
i386, mips, mipsel, ppc64el, s390x

Maintainer: Debian Python Modules Team
<python-modules-team at lists.alioth.debian.org>

------------------- Reason -------------------

Checking reverse dependencies...
# Broken Depends:
angrydd: angrydd
ardentryst: ardentryst
bambam: bambam
bouncy: bouncy
bubbros: bubbros
childsplay: childsplay
ffrenzy: ffrenzy
fofix-dfsg: fofix
freealchemist: freealchemist
freevial: freevial
fretsonfire: fretsonfire-game
funnyboat: funnyboat
impressive: impressive
kivy: python-kivy
krank: krank
lightyears: lightyears
magicor: magicor
monsterz: monsterz-data
oneisenough: oneisenough
opensesame: opensesame
pathological: pathological
pydxcluster: pydxcluster
pykaraoke: pykaraoke
           pykaraoke-bin
           python-pykaraoke
pyntor: pyntor
pyracerz: pyracerz
pyscrabble: pyscrabble
pysiogame: pysiogame
pysolfc: pysolfc
pysycache: pysycache
python-elements: python-elements
python-expyriment: python-expyriment
pyvnc2swf: pyvnc2swf
seahorse-adventures: seahorse-adventures
singularity: singularity
snowballz: snowballz
solarwolf: solarwolf
sugar-physics-activity: sugar-physics-activity
sugar-pippy-activity: sugar-pippy-activity
whichwayisup: whichwayisup

# Broken Build-Depends:
angrydd: python-pygame
bouncy: python-pygame
funnyboat: python-pygame
impressive: python-pygame
oggvideotools: python-pygame
opensesame: python-pygame (>= 1.8.1~)
pathological: python-pygame
psychopy: python-pygame
pykaraoke: python-pygame
python-expyriment: python-pygame (>= 1.9.1~)
seahorse-adventures: python-pygame
visionegg: python-pygame
whichwayisup: python-pygame

Dependency problem found.