[Python-modules-team] pygame 1.9.3 upload (was: Re: pygame_1.9.3+dfsg-1_source.changes REJECTED)

Vincent Cheng vcheng at debian.org
Fri Jan 27 09:37:58 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 1:29 AM, Dominik George <nik at naturalnet.de> wrote:
>> Well, I do have a sponsor, but apparently, he failed to correctly
>> re-sign my prepared files yesterday ;). Will get him to re-upload
>> today.
>
> Oh, and then it was refused again because of the -doc package… now
> seriously, what's the use of *that* policy (source only uploads not
> allowed to NEW)?

Any newly added binary package will cause your package to land in the
NEW queue (regardless of whether the source package itself is new or
not). Source only uploads to NEW aren't allowed likely because it
prevents the ftpmasters from being able to check the newly introduced
binary packages for whatever criteria they have to accept/reject
packages.

Regards,
Vincent