[Python-modules-team] Packaging jupyter kernel for octave for Debian

Joe Nahmias joe at nahmias.net
Thu Aug 15 03:08:18 BST 2019

Greetings!

Now that buster has been released, I wanted to reach out and ask if
either the Python or Octave teams (or both!) would be interested in
group maintaining a Jupyter kernel for Octave [0] under their umbrella.

[0] https://github.com/calysto/octave_kernel

I am a DD emeritus (I think that's the correct term) and have done an
initial packaging octave_kernel and its (build-)deps for my own use, but
would welcome outside review and the chance to make it part of Debian
proper going forward and with a backport to buster.

Thanks in advance,
--Joe

PS - please cc me on replies