[Python-modules-team] Packaging jupyter kernel for octave for Debian

Sébastien Villemot sebastien at debian.org
Tue Aug 20 17:20:50 BST 2019

Dear Joe,

Le mercredi 14 août 2019 à 22:08 -0400, Joe Nahmias a écrit :
> Now that buster has been released, I wanted to reach out and ask if
> either the Python or Octave teams (or both!) would be interested in
> group maintaining a Jupyter kernel for Octave [0] under their umbrella.
>
> [0]
> https://github.com/calysto/octave_kernel
>

> I am a DD emeritus (I think that's the correct term) and have done an
> initial packaging octave_kernel and its (build-)deps for my own use, but
> would welcome outside review and the chance to make it part of Debian
> proper going forward and with a backport to buster.

I think this package could be maintained under the umbrella of the
Debian Octave Group.

However I personally would not perform the usual maintenance (maybe
just doing some rare uploads for urgent things easy to fix), and I
guess it’s the same for other team members, so you’d have to do most of
the maintenance work yourself.

If that sounds good to you, then I could create a repository for the
package on salsa, and give you the access rights. Then you would have
to request sponsorship for each upload (unless you decide to become a
DD again, of course!).

Best,

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot