[Python-modules-team] state of python-msrest.

Robie Basak robie at justgohome.co.uk
Sun Oct 20 00:15:45 BST 2019

On Sat, Oct 19, 2019 at 11:59:45PM +0200, Nicolas Dandrimont wrote:
> > 2. while python3-trio has passed new, it's maintainer (Robie Basak) has filed a RC bug saying he does not belive it is currently suitable for a stable release.

In part I just followed on from the opinion of the person who filed the
ITP originally (I took it over).

> I've only glanced at the upstream issue for a moment, but I have the feeling
> that's a little bit too conservative: the only difference between this and most
> other Python modules packaged in Debian is that upstream actually seems to care
> about their API being unstable. We've shipped way worse stuff, and with
> autopkgtests it's fairly easy to notice that you're breaking a reverse
> dependency. Of course I'll defer to the maintainer's judgement.
>
> > Thoughts on the best way forward? should the upload of 0.6.1 be reverted?
>
> ISTR the trio stuff is not needed for most of msrest, only some of the async
> stuff. If Robie confirms that he doesn't want trio in testing, I'll look into
> patching it out of msrest.

I don't intend to make a decision on this alone unless upstream declare
the API stable. I welcome discussion on the bug itself; I don't think
it's appropriate for this discussion to remain private. I'm open to
closing the bug if that's the consensus _and_ everyone involved,
including upstream, has had an opportunity to comment.