[Python-modules-team] Should python-trio be allowed into testing? (Was: state of python-msrest.)

peter green plugwash at p10link.net
Mon Oct 21 00:57:38 BST 2019

On 20/10/2019 00:15, Robie Basak wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 19, 2019 at 11:59:45PM +0200, Nicolas Dandrimont wrote:
>>> 2. while python3-trio has passed new, it's maintainer (Robie Basak) has filed a RC bug saying he does not belive it is currently suitable for a stable release.
> In part I just followed on from the opinion of the person who filed the
> ITP originally (I took it over).
Thanks for the info.

I have added 913424 at bugs.debian.org to cc.

It's not private, these mails were set to "python-msrest at packages.debian.org" which forwards to "python-modules-team at lists.alioth.debian.org". This mail thread can be found at https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/python-modules-team/2019-October/059368.html.

>   I'm open to
> closing the bug if that's the consensus _and_ everyone involved,
> including upstream, has had an opportunity to comment.

I have posted a summary at https://github.com/python-trio/trio/issues/1#issuecomment-544304785 and asked for an upstream opinion.

I notice that python-msrest has already been included in ubuntu eoan, so version 0.11.0 is going to be around for a while in at least one major Linux distro whatever we do now in Debian.