[Python-modules-team] python-mechanize_0.4.3-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Mon Sep 2 08:34:15 BST 2019

Hi Scott,

thanks for the review. Interesting. I did indeed trust the LICENSE and
COPYRIGHT statement as indicated by upstream. The file
	COPYRIGHT
in the root clearly states
	Files: *
	Copyright: Copyright (C) 2008-2017 Kovid Goyal, John J Lee, Gisle Aas, Johnny Lee, Andy Lester
	License: BSD-3-clause-like
So either this is an miss of upstream, or I am missing something.

I will review the license statement again, and will contact upstream
about it, too.

Thanks

Norbert

On Mon, 02 Sep 2019, Scott Kitterman wrote:

> Unfortunately this upload contains debian/copyright problems serious enough
> that I have to reject the package.  There are three classes of errors:
>
> 1.  Missing licenses
> 2.  Missing copyright holders
> 3.  Incorrect copyright attributions
>
> I'm only rejecting because of the first:
>
> mechanize/polyglot.py:# License: GPLv3 Copyright: 2018, Kovid Goyal <kovid at kovidgoyal.net>
> test/test_http.py:# License: GPLv3 Copyright: 2019, Kovid Goyal <kovid at kovidgoyal.net>
>
> GPL v3 does not appear in debian/copyright and these are new files in this
> release.  If this was a problem with the existing package in the archive, then
> I would have just filed a bug, but it's not.
>
> I'm not sure why you deleted PSF from debian/copyright, the file is still
> there:
>
> mechanize/_urllib2_fork.py:Copyright (c) 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 Python
> mechanize/_urllib2_fork.py:Copyright 2002-2009 John J Lee <jjl at pobox.com>
>
> These copyright holders are missing (some of them were in the old version):
> test/test_form.py:# Copyright 2005 Gary Poster
> test/test_form_data/FullSearch.html:<CENTER><I>Copyright © 2002 <A HREF=http://www.isinet.com>Institute for Scientific Information</A></I></CENTER></BODY></HTML>
> test/test_form_data/SearchType.html:<CENTER><I>Copyright © 2002 <A HREF=http://www.isinet.com>Institute for Scientific Information</A></I></CENTER></BODY></HTML>
> test/test_form_data/Results.html:<CENTER><I>Copyright © 2002 <A HREF=http://www.isinet.com>Institute for Scientific Information</A></I></CENTER></BODY></HTML>
> test/test_form_data/Auth.html:         <FONT FACE="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" SIZE=1>(c) <A HREF="http://www.athensams.net/copyright.html">Copyright</a>, EduServ. All rights reserved. February 2002</FONT>
> test/test_form_data/MarkedRecords.html:<CENTER><I>Copyright © 2002 <A HREF=http://www.isinet.com>Institute for Scientific Information</A></I></CENTER></BODY></HTML>
> test/test_form_data/MarkedResults.html:<CENTER><I>Copyright © 2002 <A HREF=http://www.isinet.com>Institute for Scientific Information</A></I></CENTER></BODY></HTML>
> test/test_form_data/GeneralSearch.html:<CENTER><I>Copyright © 2002 <A HREF=http://www.isinet.com>Institute for Scientific Information</A></I></CENTER></BODY></HTML>
> test/test_form.py:# Copyright 2005 Zope Corporation
>
> These are dates for existing listed people that are not included:
> mechanize/_headersutil.py:Copyright 1997-1998, Gisle Aas
> mechanize/_headersutil.py:Copyright 2002-2006, John J. Lee
> mechanize/_auth.py:Copyright 2006 John J. Lee <jjl at pobox.com>
> mechanize/_http.py:Copyright 2002-2006 John J Lee <jjl at pobox.com>
> mechanize/_useragent.py:Copyright 2003-2006 John J. Lee <jjl at pobox.com>
> mechanize/_entities.py:# License: BSD Copyright: 2017, Kovid Goyal <kovid at kovidgoyal.net>
> publish.py:# License: BSD Copyright: 2017, Kovid Goyal <kovid at kovidgoyal.net>
> [...]

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev