[Python-modules-team] lintian: embedded-javascript-library should flag sphinx files too

Alexis Murzeau amubtdx at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 11:24:53 BST 2020

Hi,

On Tue, 30 Jun 2020 13:45:07 +0200 Holger Levsen <holger at debian.org> wrote:
> [...]
>
> Out of these, three of them come from Sphinx:
> - doctools.js
> - language_data.js
> - searchtools.js
>
> Please make lintian complain about embedding those. It seems the problem could
> be quite widespread:
> [...]

I'm getting this new lintian warning for language_data.js,
but I can't find which binary package I should depend on.

"sphinx" (as suggested by lintian) is a virtual package provided by python3-sphinx
which doesn't contain "language_data.js" [0] and libjs-sphinxdoc (which seems more
appropriate) does not contain "language_data.js" either [1].

Is it an oversight, or is "language_data.js" somewhere else ?

Also according to other embedded js warnings from lintian, the package name
should be a binary package name (mostly libjs-something), maybe "sphinx"
should be changed to the actual binary package to depend on ? (maybe libjs-sphinxdoc)

This will help maintainers find the correct package to use.

Thanks for your help :)

[0] https://packages.debian.org/sid/all/python3-sphinx/filelist
[1] https://packages.debian.org/sid/all/libjs-sphinxdoc/filelist

--
Alexis Murzeau
PGP: B7E6 0EBB 9293 7B06 BDBC  2787 E7BD 1904 F480 937F