[Python-modules-team] lintian: embedded-javascript-library should flag sphinx files too

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Mon Jul 13 11:43:56 BST 2020

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 12:24:53PM +0200, Alexis Murzeau wrote:
> I'm getting this new lintian warning for language_data.js,
> but I can't find which binary package I should depend on.
>
> "sphinx" (as suggested by lintian) is a virtual package provided by python3-sphinx
> which doesn't contain "language_data.js" [0] and libjs-sphinxdoc (which seems more
> appropriate) does not contain "language_data.js" either [1].
[...]
> This will help maintainers find the correct package to use.

https://salsa.debian.org/debian/developers-reference/-/commit/29014c3d02b1a44aa983557b4887f4302c2136c5
shows how to use dh_sphinxdoc (instead of dh_linktree which also does
and did the right thing here), which then in turn adds the right
depends/recommends to the binary packages.

(The dh_linktree solution used a hack/workaround in d/rules to turn
the depends into recommends, but I recommend the dh_spinxdoc solution
anyway.)

--
cheers,
	Holger