[Python-modules-team] lintian: embedded-javascript-library should flag sphinx files too

Alexis Murzeau amubtdx at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 12:05:06 BST 2020

Le 13/07/2020 à 12:43, Holger Levsen a écrit :

> https://salsa.debian.org/debian/developers-reference/-/commit/29014c3d02b1a44aa983557b4887f4302c2136c5
> shows how to use dh_sphinxdoc (instead of dh_linktree which also does
> and did the right thing here), which then in turn adds the right
> depends/recommends to the binary packages.
>
> (The dh_linktree solution used a hack/workaround in d/rules to turn
> the depends into recommends, but I recommend the dh_spinxdoc solution
> anyway.)

Thanks for your reply.

I'm already using "dh $@ --with python3,sphinxdoc --buildsystem=pybuild" [0]
and ${sphinxdoc:Depends} [1] but still get the warning.

So I've lintian-checked developers-reference binary package and found it also has
the lintian warning (see [3] below).

language_data.js is missing from libjs-sphinxdoc, maybe that's the reason for this.
Also dh_sphinxdoc doesn't seem to handle it like the other [2].

[0] https://salsa.debian.org/amurzeau/streamlink/-/blob/master/debian/rules#L14
[1] https://salsa.debian.org/amurzeau/streamlink/-/blob/master/debian/control#L52
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/modules/sphinx/-/blob/debian/master/debian/dh-sphinxdoc/dh_sphinxdoc#L326

[3]:
$ wget http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/developers-reference/developers-reference_11.0.15_all.deb
$ lintian -EviIL +pedantic developers-reference_11.0.15_all.deb
N: Using profile debian/main.
N: Starting on group developers-reference/11.0.15
N: Unpacking packages in group developers-reference/11.0.15
N: Finished processing group developers-reference/11.0.15
N: ----
N: Processing binary package developers-reference
N: (version 11.0.15, arch all) ...
W: developers-reference: embedded-javascript-library usr/share/developers-reference/_static/language_data.js please use sphinx
N:
N:    This package contains an embedded copy of JavaScript libraries that are
N:    now available in their own packages (for example, JQuery, Prototype,
N:    Mochikit or "Cropper"). Please depend on the appropriate package and
N:    symlink the library into the appropriate location.
N:
N:    Refer to Debian Policy Manual section 4.13 (Convenience copies of code)
N:    for details.
N:
N:    Severity: warning
N:
N:    Check: languages/javascript/embedded
N:
$ lintian --version
Lintian v2.83.0

--
Alexis Murzeau
PGP: B7E6 0EBB 9293 7B06 BDBC  2787 E7BD 1904 F480 937F