[Python-modules-team] python-xlib_0.26-1_source.changes ACCEPTED into unstable

Andrej Shadura andrewsh at debian.org
Sat Mar 21 19:02:27 GMT 2020

Hi,

On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 at 19:39, Sandro Tosi <morph at debian.org> wrote:

> > On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 at 18:01, Sandro Tosi <morph at debian.org> wrote:
> > > Andrej,
> > > why the pristine-tar information are now in a `pristine-lfs` branch?
> > > where did the other pristine-tar deltas go?
> >
> > Because it’s simpler and better as it guarantees the tarballs are bit
> > to bit identical, which pristine-tar so often fails to do. There was
> > no pristine-tar or pristine-lfs information for earlier uploads.

> but our team policy requires to use pristine-tar:
> https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/tools/python-modules/blob/master/policy.rst
>
> please adjust, so that we can all use the same tools and procedures.

I suggest we rather change the policy since at the moment this point
lacks any rationale and isn’t providing any benefit since the
pristine-tar data are only useful for minor updates of the package
(e.g. when the upstream source hasn’t changed) and pristine-tar is
known to be a huge hack and fail to provide correct tarballs,
especially when xz is used.

--
Cheers,
  Andrej