[Qa-debsources] [GSoc] Technology Discussion

Matthieu Caneill matt at brokenwa.re
Sun May 22 22:48:32 UTC 2016

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 12:39:16AM +0200, Orestis Ioannou wrote:
> > Ok. Let me add a constraint here. Using a library shouldn't make
> > people without javascript unable to see the content. So the content
> > must be present somehow without javascript, and the links must fall
> > back to regular links when the framework can't ajax the data.
> Just dropping an idea: what about using a noscript tag to assure
> compatibility?

Yes that is totally an option, but as it will require somehow to
duplicate the tree structure of the content (in e.g. html/angular and
in noscript), it needs to be carefully taken of to avoid template
duplication. And that's not trivial at all :)

Another way would be to define zones whose content can be fetched by
angular when switching pages, but their default content is the one of
the page initially fetched, while links either make the content of the
zones refreshed, or redirect the user to a new page when there is no
js. I don't know if it is straightforward to do.

Cheers,
--
Matthieu