[Qa-debsources] re-enabling copyright plugin

Orestis Ioannou orestis at oioannou.com
Tue Oct 4 22:21:15 UTC 2016

On 10/04/2016 10:52 PM, Matthieu Caneill wrote:

>> Anyway i'd like to merge this maybe on the wk and re-enable the
>> copyright plugin to see how it behaves and find out if we fixed the
>> performance issues. Since i ll be around on the wk and next week i could
>> monitor it and act upon it.
>
> I'm less familiar with this part of the code, but it looks good.
>
> Why using raw SQL though?
> https://github.com/Debian/debsources/pull/52/files#diff-3b3148ba81513dd43b5e29a801a75217R114

hm, coz we avoid doing multiple queries instead of one. i couldn't find
a way to do this query with the orm though at the time i worked on it.

> Also, what will be the difference if we merge it? What will change at
> update stage?

Before i was parsing the d/copyright file to find the license of each
file of the package. Now we only parse the file once for the whole
package so it should speed up things quite a lot for huge packages.

Cheers,

Orestis