[Qa-debsources] debsources and debmans

Antoine Beaupré anarcat at debian.org
Wed Nov 23 16:15:42 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have rewritten manpages.debian.org using Python and inspiration from
the Debsources source code. Details are here:

https://wiki.debian.org/manpages.debian.org
https://debmans.readthedocs.io/en/latest/design.html

In particular, I somewhat reused the debsources.debmirror.SourceMirror
class to make a PackageMirror class that inspects binary packages
instead of source package.

https://gitlab.com/anarcat/debmans/blob/HEAD/debmans/extractor.py#L257

Do you think we should work towards refactoring that code so that is is
out of our common projects and into (say) the apt module?

Anyways, just so you know that publishing the debsources code was the
right thing to do: it helped me with the design of debmans significantly
(although I am still struggling to find a decent and fast manpage to
HTML renderer ;).

Cheers,

A.

PS: please CC me as I am not on the list.
--
The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armour to
lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores