[Qa-jenkins-dev] 'ar' not available in path. Falling back to binary comparison.

Mattia Rizzolo mattia at mapreri.org
Thu Oct 15 06:58:11 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 08:46:36AM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > Yes, it's true new packages are scheduled quite often, but manually
> > scheduled packages have a huge preferences over the once automatically
> > scheduled.
>
> not a huge preference: packages with the oldest "scheduled date" are top in
> the queue to be tested. packages scheduled manually now are scheduled at this
> time (or maybe 6h earlier, would need to check), while automatically scheduled
> new versions are scheduled "now" and old, already tested packages are
> scheduled 6h in the future.

No:

# these packages are manually scheduled, so should have high priority,
# so schedule them in the past, so they are picked earlier :)
# the current date is subtracted twice, so it sorts before early scheduling
# schedule on the full hour so we can recognize them easily
epoch = int(time.time())
yesterday = epoch - 60*60*24
now = datetime.now()
days = int(now.strftime('%j'))*2
hours = int(now.strftime('%H'))*2
minutes = int(now.strftime('%M'))
time_delta = timedelta(days=days, hours=hours, minutes=minutes)
date = (now - time_delta).strftime('%Y-%m-%d %H:%M')
log.debug('date_scheduled = ' + date + ' time_delta = ' + str(time_delta))

This is in place since forever, we used to use a defined date once, but
now we do this stuff about for the reason explained in the comment.

There is no way an automatically scheduled packages is built before a
manually scheduled one.

> so in other words, if you schedule manually 10000 packages now and the
> automatic scheduler schedules new versions tomorrow, while there are still
> 9000 packages in the queue, the new packages... ah.... will be newer and not
> tested before those 9000... there we have the bug...

Not sure I'd call this a bug.  It's by design.
Maybe a flag --these-packages-are-low-priority-don't-mess-up-the-queue
makes sense in this case.

> And I will go to the dentist now.. hopefully in the mood+mind to hack later :)

I'd never be in the right mood to do stuff coming back from the dentist
:P

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo