[Qa-jenkins-dev] 'ar' not available in path. Falling back to binary comparison.

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Thu Oct 15 06:46:36 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Donnerstag, 15. Oktober 2015, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> > That sounds good, but I'm not sure that it's working as intended.
> TTBOMK it's not intended to work like that.

it is. (well, see below)

> Yes, it's true new packages are scheduled quite often, but manually
> scheduled packages have a huge preferences over the once automatically
> scheduled.

not a huge preference: packages with the oldest "scheduled date" are top in
the queue to be tested. packages scheduled manually now are scheduled at this
time (or maybe 6h earlier, would need to check), while automatically scheduled
new versions are scheduled "now" and old, already tested packages are
scheduled 6h in the future.

so in other words, if you schedule manually 10000 packages now and the
automatic scheduler schedules new versions tomorrow, while there are still
9000 packages in the queue, the new packages... ah.... will be newer and not
tested before those 9000... there we have the bug...

And I will go to the dentist now.. hopefully in the mood+mind to hack later :)

cheers,
	Holger