[Qa-jenkins-dev] setup up the fdroid build env (Re: pull request

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Fri Feb 12 17:24:29 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Freitag, 12. Februar 2016, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
[rm $stuff]
> I do that now in ./jenkins-build-makebuildserver.  it forces vagrant and
> VirtualBox to put their home dirs into the WORKSPACE, so they'll be
> wiped when WORKSPACE is wiped.  Our jenkins box runs a `git clean` every
> time it is run, so starting from scratch.

cool!

> > one potential difference between your and this setup which came to my
> > mind: we're using jessie *without* systemd atm, because there was an
> > issue with schroots. Are you using systemd or sysv?
> Plain jessie, so systemd.

I wonder if this is the culprit. Can you easily switch back to sysv and see if
your tests still work? "sudo apt-get install -y sysvinit-core && sudo reboot"
should be all that it takes.

> I think at this point, if the VirtualBox
> kernel modules are loading on the box where the job is run, then the
> next step is to fire up the VirtualBox GUI.

you need to guide me through that process or give me pointers. tomorrow during
the daytime would probably work for me, or Monday/Tuesday.

> I don't know if VirtualBox automatically uses proxies from an env var.
> The most manageable thing probably would be to force all of the
> VirtualBox's net traffic through a SOCKS proxy.  But I think this is
> also likely a case where it'll be hard to get this setup, but with only
> minimal benefits.  The cached jessie32.box provides a reasonably
> up-to-date jessie install, and the apt cache is stored between job runs.
>  So really, the full git clones of fdroidserver.git and fdroiddata.git
> are probably a lot more bandwidth than the apt downloads.

well, apt and other source downloads, or? And we need to download everything
twice. (Cause my plan is to build fdroid on two different hosts, with 398 days
time difference…)

There's a proxy on localhost:3128 can you use that? Maybe as Steven suggested?

cheers,
	Holger