[Qa-jenkins-dev] setup up the fdroid build env (Re: pull request

Steven Chamberlain steven at pyro.eu.org
Fri Feb 12 18:26:55 UTC 2016

Holger Levsen wrote:
> well, apt and other source downloads, or? And we need to download everything
> twice. (Cause my plan is to build fdroid on two different hosts, with 398 days
> time difference…)
>
> There's a proxy on localhost:3128 can you use that? Maybe as Steven suggested?

In a typical VirtualBox VM, localhost points at the VM itself, not the
host, so that probably wouldn't work.

But depending on the networking 'mode' used for the VM, maybe you can
instead redirect the VM's outgoing traffic with netfilter?  (on the
host;  the VM would need no proxy configuration at all this way)

iptables -t nat -s $vm_ip -A OUTPUT -o $ext_if -p tcp -m tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 3128

also requiring this flag to be set in /etc/squid/squid.conf :

http_port 3128 transparent

(but IIRC there was some HTTP pipelining bug when APT is used this way,
requiring to turn that off in the VM's apt.conf.  Unless that is fixed
now...)

Regards,
--
Steven Chamberlain