[Qa-jenkins-dev] Simon Richter: Why sysvinit?

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Mon Mar 7 13:36:41 UTC 2016

Hi Steven,

On Sonntag, 6. März 2016, Steven Chamberlain wrote:
> I've noticed a tendency for jenkins.d.n jobs to be quite large and test
> many things within a single job.  Not sure if that's deliberate or just
> the way the tests evolved.

which jobs do you have in mind?

> There may be advantages to smaller jobs, but
> OTOH when the result depends in inputs coming from other jobs, that too
> can be confusing to keep track of.

I'm aware that the chroot-installation tests could be done better (reusing
chroots created by other jobs) but besides those I cannot come up with many
that fit that description… reproducible_$project.sh also, but thats 3 jobs out
of >300 reproducible jobs…

cheers,
	Holger, really curious as I know I'm blind cause I'm too familar with
the setup…