[sane-devel] sane 1.0.5 segmentation fault

Brian C brianc1969@earthlink.net
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 22:27:09 -0600

Hi.. I've recently tried upgrading to the 1.0.5 version of sane, but am
unable to run anything.  I'm running Mandrake 8.0 with a compiled 2.4.7
kernel (using as near to the mandrake settings as possible).  Everything
seems to be installed correctly, but I'm not sure about libraries.. how do I
tell?  I had 1.0.4 installed and working.. until sometime earlier this week
when I went to scan something in, it crashed.  So I decided to upgrade.

My scanner is a Microtek E6 (microtek backend) and is recognized by
'scanimage -L'.  I am running it through an Adaptec 2940uw dual card.  It's
the only device on the second adapter.  I've installed the latest versions of
Gimp (1.2.2), sane-backends, sane-frontends(both 1.0.5), and xsane(0.79) from
the mandrake cooker site.

I've commented out all backends besides the microtek.  That doesn't seem to
help.

Whenever I try to use either xscanimage, xsane,  or even 'scanimage -d
microtek:/dev/scanner > test.img', I get a segmentation fault.  Below is what
comes from a 'dbg xsane' run.

Is this a known problem?  Anything I can try?

Thanks,
Brian C

dbg output:
Starting program: /usr/bin/xsane
(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging
symbols found)...
(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging
symbols found)...
(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging
symbols found)...
(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging
symbols found)...
(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging
symbols found)...
(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...
0x405acbfb in _init () from /usr/lib/sane/libsane-microtek.so.1